John R. Wallace
Practice Areas: Commercial Litigation, Political Law and Litigation
John Wallace represents political party committees as well as trade associations, nonprofit organizations, state and federal PACs, and candidate committees. As such, John is active in federal courts, state courts and in administrative forums, including the State Board of Elections and the Federal Election Commission. His litigation practice has been concentrated in political , First Amendment, unfair trade practice, business tort, contract, ERISA and class action matters.
In his election law practice, John represents the North Carolina Democratic Party as well as an array of Democratic candidates, state and federal trade associations and business affiliated committees, and various nonprofit organizations and their affiliated political committees.
John’s ethics law practice includes representation of lobbyists, lobbyist principals and grassroots organizations, including for-profit and non-profit entities. John advises his clients on compliance with state ethics and campaign finance laws and regulations and represents clients before the State Ethics Commission.
John attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 1973. He then attended the University of Florida School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctor degree in 1976.
Upon graduation, John began his career as antitrust coordinator for the National Association of Attorneys General. In this capacity, he coordinated multidistrict antitrust litigation brought by State Attorneys General and assisted in various appellate court matters. He then served as Assistant Attorney General in the Antitrust Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice.
- North Carolina, 1976
- Florida, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Wake County Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors and Secretary, North Carolina League of Conservation Voters
- Former Member of the Board of Trustees - North Carolina Symphony
- Former Member - Citizens for Higher Education
- Former Member of the Board of Directors - East Central Community Legal Services